Purple renaissance man
George Mudrak was born in 1969, that’s the same year as The Beatles gave their last public performance – on the roof of Apple Records in London, the TV-show about Pippi Longstocking prime aired on Swedish TV and Neil Armstrong became the first human to step onto the surface of the Moon during Apollo 11.
This purple consultant moved to Sweden in the summer of 2017 from Colorado Springs, Colorado, out by Pikes Peak in the Rocky mountains, USA. He started working with us this fall 2017 and now lives in Västra Frölunda, Göteborg with his family.
He considers himself to be Asian-American, his mom is from Taiwan and his dad is American and George was born in Taipei, Taiwan but grew up in USA. He is a nice, polite and compassionate guy to work with. For him it’s all about caring about his work.
– I always want to build something that really benefits the person I’m doing the work for.
George is also a fun loving person with a big heart. He thinks things can be crazy enough and tough enough in life, that it’s important to be a bit of a cheerleader for the people around him.
– Everybody has got something going on in their life. I think it’s important to be supportive and also at the same time, do what you can to try and enjoy whats going on as well. I try not to let stuff get me down. I like listening to people who work around me and to just cheer everybody on. If people make mistakes it’s okay, that’s how we learn, that’s how we grow.
George is your typical renaissance man.
– Which is kind of getting as much of everything as you can get a hold of. It’s also a neat period in history.
He likes the concept of always learning new things.
– It almost doesn’t matter what it is, I just enjoy learning. To me, the world is such a large place, that there is always something that can be fascinating to take a peak at.
George is adventurous, well reasonably adventurous though he will not be bungy jumping anytime soon, due to his fear of heights. But he is not afraid of challenging himself, in ways of trying a different career or moving to a totally different country… He also has about 15-20 years of experience in martial arts. George has a 1st degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and was a Junior Olympics qualifier in both Taekwondo and Fencing when he was eighteen years old.
This purple full stack developer has a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and a Bachelor’s degree and a Master in Computer Science and is also a PhD candidate in Computer Science.
With his 25-years of work experience George is pretty much the definition of a full stack developer.
– I have done pretty much something in every one of the different layers of software development.
Some of the places he has worked at over the years are: AT&T Bell Labs, Verizon, Lucent Technologies, Compassion International, Sybase, RGI, Channel Point, Colorado Springs Police Department and Mission Of Mercy.
A little bit outside of the typical work space he likes to dig into Artificial life and complex systems.
– My background is in modelling virtual people, doing things. I really enjoy the artificial life space. It ties into my masters and my PhD. My masters thesis was actually on modelling bullying. Creating artificial people in an artificial environment and then establishing base rules and seeing if they would prey on each other. And then I also did one on subculture integration, where I modelled distinct cultures and saw how well they integrated over time. How do people interact with each other in a small area, to figure out who’s going to do what? And what I am doing right now is studying localized autonomous vehicle behavior for my PhD dissertations.
George also taught a class on programming the mobile web at UCCS – University of Colorado Colorado Springs.
– I had a couple of students coming up to me about half way through the semester, telling me that they absolutely loved just the whole picture of everything that I was giving them. One of them actually said that they thought my class should be reacquired for all students. So I consider that a success, I really like teaching and shaping young minds.
full stack developer